Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The 100th Post

It is my pleasure to bring you the centesimal post on Stock Geometry! Since the first post here on May 24th 2006, the other contributors and I have been calling em like we see em with a high success rate (AHM, CCRT, DDS, COF, JASO, OMR, DECK, CREE, LEND, etc). We haven't been right on them all but its the mistakes that we learn the most from. While this site was originally started with purely chart interpretation in mind, it has developed into more of a hybrid of fundamental and technical analysis which I believe to be the most profitable method. In honor of the occasion, I wanted to fill you in on some of the technicals and fundamentals of the site its self, here's some data on the last 6 months:


As you can see, the readership is still quite small but has been increasing even during the typically slow summer months. Currently, the biggest days for the site are when there is a link posted on yahoo finance or other blogs. Thats when we get the most attention, so thanks for spreading the word. Theres a bunch of interesting info in the pictures above and below for the web 2.0 nerd types like me, just click on the pictures to zoom in (as usual). Below you can see the geographic distribution of the readership:


I've got it broken down by city and country there. A few notable cities are Urbana, IL (where I live), Santa Barbara (where I use to live and betweenthebars lives now) and Aachen, Germany (where indigo-alien lives). We also seem to have some frequent readers in New York City, Louisville, Pleasanton and Vancouver. Those of you who we have not met, please introduce yourselves!

I think the three of us contributors agree that we get just as much out of the process of writing on this blog as we do reading each other's work. The idea here is to share thoughts on the market in hopes that we can learn from each other. There is no ulterior profit motive here, note the lack of advertisements, and I hope it stays that way. Fortunately, google provides this great blogspot service for free along with the service I used to generate the above data called google analytics. So a big thanks to google. I also wanted to take a moment to thank the other contributors, Ian (indigo) and Vince (btb) for making this such a fun and educational project to be apart of.

Going forward we don't have any big plans at the moment. I am pretty happy with the ways things have evolved with one small complaint, it would be great to see more feedback in the comments. Even if it is just a short note about a chart, some news that was overlooked or even a missspelled word, it is greatly appreciated. I'd really like for this to be more of a two way process between the bloggers and the readers. Thanks to all of those that have commented and I'm sure the number of comments will grow with the traffic.

If you are interested in keeping up on non-market related activities that we have going on , Indigo and I both have other blogs which you can find the links to on the right hand side of the page.

Ok well, congrats Stock Geometry on 100 posts! Now for the next 100! Thoughts?

1 comment:

vincent raimonda said...

congrats to us!!!!