Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Better Headline: US Stock Market Collapsing

Is it just me or is the mainstream media in the US a complete scam. From watching TV or reading google news, yahoo, etc it would appear that they are trying to get investors to buy or at least hold stocks. They have been telling us to buy stocks for months as the markets kept going lower and lower then I saw this headline on yahoo. Its sad but the truth is, wallstreet profits greatly from the US public buying stocks at the top and sell them at the bottom. Most average joe investors will hold stocks here because they think the market is already down alot, and look we are off the lows! Meanwhile wallstreet continues to dump their positions and get short. If I had a penny for every time cnbc said "off the lows" I'd be rich, it makes me sick. Trying to "ride out" a bear market is just about the silliest thing I have ever heard of but thats what the media wants people to think they should do. Sure this market will bounce but it is going to go much, much lower in my humble opinion.

1 comment:

pythagoruz said...

Looks like I wasn't the only one who noticed:

http://www.slopeofhope.com/images/2008/01/30/0130amzn.jpg