Thursday, April 24, 2008

Another Leg Lower for the "Troubled Bond Insurer"

The "troubled bond insurer" Ambac (ticker: ABK) took another leg lower in its downwards spiral yesterday after reporting earnings. The last two legs cut the stock by more than 75% which would put ABK at $1.13 if it fell that far this time. How long can it be before these guys (ABK, MBI, RDN, MTG, etc) bite the dust? When they do its going to mean a whole nother round of big write downs at financial institutions. Odds are that the feds will step in and bail them out because they insure "$524 billion of municipal and asset-backed debt." Heavy things are falling down on ABK, heavy things they could not see? This one goes out to btb who insures me he will be posting much more often.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I have a blog with url: http://www.chinastockpost.com/

I want exchange link with your blog. I've been paste your link in my blog

Please paste my link in your blog with title: China Stock Market News

Thanks!

pythagoruz said...

Hello, thanks for your interest in the blog! The links we provide on the right are to sites that the authors here use frequently and find useful. I have bookmarked your blog and if I find myself visiting regularly it will be added.

One thing I am curious about it shy you are so anonymous. Your blog appears to be on the blogspot network but there is no username that I could find and you commented here anonymously. I understand some writers wish to remain anonymous, and thats fine, but it makes me suspicious.

Again, thanks for your support!