Thursday, July 23, 2009

Chart a Day #14 Direxian Tech 3x Bull Bubble (TYH)

I'm gonna call this "tech bubble 3.0," which follows 1.0 in 2000 and 2.0 in 2007. As I pointed out a few days ago, valuations are at the highest levels they have ever been in history. We have a fed fueled bubble in the entire stock market but especially in tech stocks! I think this Direxian 3x really argues this point well since everyone uses insane leverage these days. I tried to short the TYH today but my broker could not locate shares. I started shorting FAS instead and sold my SPY calls. There's more to be said about this but I have to run.



Disclosure: I am short AAPL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude if you watched this cnbc at 7pm, dennis kneale and michelle caubso whatever are practically fighting with their guests and pumping up this stock market so hard. "if your going to wait your going to miss the rally" are you f'n kidding me? hasnt it rallied already 55% off the lows? were you not the same people telling us to buy dow 14000? yes we have made some breakthroughs and we can't deny what the market is doing but why are you sooooooo bullish? can you not advocate some cautiousness? especially after what you have done already to most of your viewers?

you should do a post about cnbc bullshit, then again everyone already knows

Anonymous said...

also i forgot, if they were so confident about this why couldnt they do this at sp 870? why at that point where they scaring everyone about a head and shoulders formation that BLEW UP IN THEIR FACE, and now they want to be bullish? yo cnbc fuck you