Friday, October 31, 2008

Awesome Examples of Failed Breakdowns

This is the 400th post, hurray! Both of these failed moves came from blowout earnings report and great guidance, I'd encourage you to look into these reports. FSLR and ICE both gaped higher and ran to the highs today on massive volume. In doing so they reversed significant chart breakdowns from the days prior. As I mentioned on Sunday, failed moves lead to fast moves and that's exactly whats going on with these two. Its hard to see these slowing their ascent for a few days. Click on the charts for more details.And by the way, yes, I am now bullish on First Solar. If you recall my multiple bearish posts before about FSLR, I thought it was an over bloated pig at $300 with a 150 PE. I said my target for it was $120 and it went there. Now their PE is a more reasonable ~25 and FSLR does have some good things going for them; Obama's energy policy, residential expansion, lowest cost per watt and they are demonstrating resiliancy in the face of economic hardship. I currently don't own any FSLR but looking to add and I have some JASO and SPWRA calls.

No comments: